It’s that time of year again, you have to plan the birthday party! What are you going to do this year that is different and unique and 10-12 year olds (especially boys) are going to enjoy?
The 10-12 year old boy demographic is often one of the most difficult to entertain. Here are 5 of my favourite options for birthday parties, which have been kid tested by my own son who turned 12 this year!
- Video Games on the Giant Movie Screen – yes you read this right. You can play Xbox at your local Cineplex on the giant movie screen. How cool is that? You get the theatre to yourself, complete with a selection of Xbox games to choose from (or bring your own). Does it get any cooler than that? Concession food is served to! Visit www.cineplex.com for more info and the location nearest you.
- Indoor WaterPark – pick a few best friends and head to Niagara Falls for the weekend. Hotels have amazing packages that include waterpark passes, room, arcade credits and food. The waterpark has a great birthday party package too if you just want to go for the day. Does it get anymore fun than that? www.fallsviewwaterpark.com
- Escape Room – these are fairly new and all the rage! A group of 2-6 people get locked into a room and you must solve clues within a prescribed time period to break free. Not for those who have claustrophobia, but tons of fun if you don’t! There are so many different ones to choose from with different themes, just google “escape rooms for kids” and check out the options!
- Dave & Busters – a room of arcade games complete with prizes! Load your pass card and go explore the various different video games, interactive challenge games and old fave’s like Skee Ball. Birthday party packages available including food too. www.daveandbusters.com
- Tree Top Trekking – this is my personal favourite! Zip lining and climbing through obstacles up in the trees. So much fun! (and a workout too!) www.treetoptrekking.com
Have fun exploring the different options. These are great for sports teams for team building activities. Having a son that plays hockey and baseball, we have done a number of these in the past few years with the whole team – great fun!
Want to have a party at home? We have great options with our sports inflatables, obstacle course and giant slides at Par-T-Perfect! Our Par-T-Leaders will bring the fun to you and supervise too!
Follow my blog below to keep updated on new blog posts. Join my Facebook community The Event Mom, a great resource for sharing ideas, inspiration and party tips and tricks.